Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Moment of Zen



D-Train and I Did the second WORS marathon race this past weekend in Green Bay. I did not do as well as I wanted to do, but what the hell. D and I had a bit of a spat Sunday after the race something about me being too negative and him being out of shape and ill prepared for the TRC. I even got a strongly worded e-mail from D the next day to chill out. Fuck it. It is what it is.

You want to know a bit about how him and I roll check this

If I was to lead, lets say, the Lewis and Clark expedition. I would have packed a bunch of shit, took many people, thought of all the things that could go wrong and stressed out about the trip until it was started.

If D-Train was too lead that same expedition, he would have grabbed a gun, a few rounds of ammo, maybe one glove and a couple of guys he met at the bar and left for the pacific.

I say this cause we both knew we were like this before we signed up for the race. We will be like this after the race. It is who we are and it is the balance that will get us through our 7-day expedition across the great divide.

So fuck all and bring some whiskey cause I do know one thing. D and I both think that good bear spray is not the kind that comes in a bottle but one that comes in a .44 Magnum.

Kiss My Ass and bring on the bears!!!! (Yeah well I can out run D so…)

-Booms

1 comment:

Adam_C said...

Sit down and figure out what you need to compete. The basics: Bike, uniform, Helmet, Shoes, Jamison. The rest are all fillers.