Monday, April 30, 2007

145 miles in 24 hours

Road a bit this weekend.

Saturday did my fist road race. 42 miles. I was doing fine up near the front until we turned into the wind. I had trouble breathing at that point and was dropped. No it was not the 4 hours of sleep, the beer, the Jamison, the tequila or the smoking that caused my mild loss of breath, I blame the work travel on this one!!!

Any way worse Road Race of my racing career. Legs were fine and the second lap was my strongest so the base training seems to be paying off, just need more racing to get my speed work up.

Sunday D-train and I did the MN Iron Man Bike ride. This is a fun event that see 5000+ bike people out on the roads in Lakeville. We chose to do the 100 mile route. D-train started out at 25 miles an hour and I had trouble keeping up. After that the flat peddle factor drastically increased.

The flat peddle factor is the amount of bikers that pass us using flat peddles...There were a few of them out there. This ride did not give me a warm fuzzy. It was difficult for me to accept that we are only 3 mos away from one of the worlds most difficult races but are still getting passed by Tennis shoe wearing peeps riding Wal-mart bikes on the climbs. Made me think up with the Death or Glory index

1 is certain destruction and 10 is chicks fighting to get a hold of D-trains discarded undies. We now sit at best a 3. Death is not assured but the only thing keeping death at bay is D-Trains undies.

I drank 2 gal's of water after the ride Sunday...Did not pee til this morning.

-Booms

Oh and seeing that D and I were out riding we missed our teams photo shoot...So D fixed that, and did a damn good job, can't tell at all!!!

No comments: