Friday, June 8, 2007

Late but still

Ok so last weekend I had another double header.

Sat. I found myself in ST. Croix Falls WI for the woolly race. This was a small grass roots event held on some fun single track. The open fields I could have done without, as they were really bumpy and a back breaker.

I had a horrible start and entered into the single track pretty far from the lead. I made up time, on the climbs no less, can you believe that? I appear to be much better at the steep climbs this year. I did struggle on the long grass open areas. There was one mud puddle towards the end that I could not seem to clear. This mad the bike a bit muddy and with the WORS race the next day I did not want to tear into my build the night before.

It was hot, my back did not feel good nor did my legs. They were giving me trouble for the first lap and a half. The second part of the race I felt good. Finished in an hour thirty. Not bad but not too good. I made some more adjustments to the bike. Raised the seat and rolled the bars forward. Seemed to do the trick.


MUD and more mud for the 40 miles WORS race on Sunday.

I was covered from head to toe in layers of mud.

The bike was trashed but still worked flawlessly during the race.

I did not do well in the race, but I had fun and enjoyed the race.

Last weeks training

Monday 63 miles Road

Tues: Off

Wed:

Thurs: Race at buck, lots of hills 1h 20 min

Friday: off

Sat: Woolly race 1 hour 30 min

Sun: WORS 39 miles 3h 42 Min

Too much Wiskey last night after Buck, a race that I did poorly in

Party tonight and I serve beer on Sat night from 9 to ? at the Finnigans beer fest.

Sunday Afton race is on tap. Afton = DEATH so see you all in hell.

-Booms

No comments: